Years of drought are reshaping the U.S. beef industry with feedlots and a major meatpacking plant closing because there are too few cattle left in the United States to support them.
If beef is what you crave, get ready to crack open your wallet in 2013 as beef prices hit near-record levels.
As shallow ponds freeze, that creates challenges. Extension livestock specialist Eldon Cole says some farmers already are hauling water.
Ag officials warn cattle grazing on some drought-stressed plants are at risk of falling ill or even dying.
The drought that has plagued Arkansas for weeks is taking a toll on cattle, but not necessarily from the heat.
Three cows had to be shot after wandering into traffic lanes.
A southwest Missouri man has been sentenced to six years in prison for receiving stolen cattle.
The plague of cattle rustling goes on in southwest Missouri’s Greene County.
Ag officials warn farmers of risks from insulation
- American Legion Memorial... Chelsea vs Manchester City Soccer Match Pep Rally at... Practice Round at Senior PGA
- Chelsea vs Manchester City... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma...
- Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013
- Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To...
- Pick-a-Side: Which Is Your Favorite Fun In The Sun Activity? cbsloc.al/153cW9E 57 minutes ago
- Missouri Motorcycle Riders Had Good Legislative Year >> cbsloc.al/11ekXnK 2 hours ago
- After a short weather delay, organizers say Bluesweek has resumed in downtown St. Louis. #Bluesweek 3 hours ago
- The Bluesweek Festival in downtown St. Louis is temporary suspended, due to rain and lightning. 3 hours ago