At a meeting Tuesday night, residents claimed the existing coal ash from the Meramec facility is causing health problems.
“Despite what Illinois does to monitor around coal ash sites, there’s still situations where communities are put at risk.”
“It’s disappointing but we haven’t given up and there are opportunities to get this rectified, I think, to make sure people are protected.”
Ameren seeking to place a coal ash landfill at its Rush Island power plant in Jefferson County
Some of Ameren’s investors want the utility to step-up environmental testing around it’s coal-fired power plants.
Environmental group says problems at Labadie coal ash pond, point to need to tougher regulations
No evidence of groundwater contamination.
Ameren Missouri says it needs more room to store coal ash
Franklin Co Commissioners suggest protection for water supplies
County Commissioner says alternatives needed if landfill zoning denied.
- Chelsea vs Manchester City Soccer Match Pep Rally at... Practice Round at Senior PGA Chelsea vs Manchester City...
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils...
- Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove
- Belleville man charged in sexual assault of a child stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/05/24/bel… 6 hours ago
- RT @stltreasurer: "We've seen the future, and it's plastic!" Treasurer Jones via @kmoxnews stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/05/24/cit… 11 hours ago
- RT @caroldanielKMOX: Noon-time robbery of 2 employees @ Scott Credit Union ATM in OFallon, Ill. Police going over video from scene. http:/… 11 hours ago
- O’Fallon, Illinois ATM ‘Forcibly’ Robbed Friday cbsloc.al/16TZdGg 12 hours ago