Hundreds gathered to plant 1,000 white crosses in Kiener Plaza to honor the memory of those who died at coal mines operated.
Federal probe looks into St. Louis based Peabody Energy & Arch Coal practices, as well as others.
Ameren would not speak with KMOX. Instead, they released a written statement claiming great improvements have been made.
The world’s biggest private-sector coal company says net income totaled $42.9 million, or 16 cents per share, down from $274.1 million.
Peabody hurt by lower prices for coal and competition from cheaper natural gas.
Blagojevich Administration gets credit for environmental rule-tightening in 2007.
Commissioners approve plan despite challenges from Franklin County residents.
The transaction will give Peabody 100 percent ownership of the coal operation in Queensland, Australia.
Company regrets past violations…
Postponed due to weather.
- Chelsea vs Manchester City Soccer Match Pep Rally at... Practice Round at Senior PGA Chelsea vs Manchester City...
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils...
- Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove
- Belleville man charged in sexual assault of a child stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/05/24/bel… 2 hours ago
- RT @stltreasurer: "We've seen the future, and it's plastic!" Treasurer Jones via @kmoxnews stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/05/24/cit… 7 hours ago
- RT @caroldanielKMOX: Noon-time robbery of 2 employees @ Scott Credit Union ATM in OFallon, Ill. Police going over video from scene. http:/… 8 hours ago
- O’Fallon, Illinois ATM ‘Forcibly’ Robbed Friday cbsloc.al/16TZdGg 8 hours ago