The stage is set for a vote on a concealed carry bill. And it’s one that the National Rifle Association does not like.
Lawmakers have until June 9 to craft and pass a concealed carry law, by order of a federal appeals court.
At about 10 a.m. Thursday, May 2, the State of Missouri Data Center “detected repeated and unauthorized attempts” to access the server containing the information.
The Senate voted 26-6 Thursday to pass the measure. It now heads back to the House for further consideration.
A weeks-long controversy involving the state illegally sharing the personal information of Missouri gun owners took a dramatic turn Thursday.
It was in Stoddard County that a lawsuit was filed against the Missouri Department of Revenue and the plaintiff’s attorney says Gov. Nixon shares responsibility.
Downstate legislators are generally in favor of a broad concealed carry measure, whereas those from Chicago and the suburbs want a tight law.
The bill is the latest move in an ongoing controversy over the Revenue Department’s controversial scanning of concealed carry documents.
The measure responds to Republican objections that a list of concealed gun permit holders was provided to a federal Social Security investigator.
It would expand who can buy and carry weapons, while also declaring federal gun control proposals unenforceable within the state’s borders.
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Hazardous Household Waste... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch Shelby's Big Night
- For the 7th time this year, thousands of United Mine Workers rally outside Peabody Energy in #stl cbsloc.al/18g2wFA @KMOXKilleen 42 minutes ago
- RT @AndraStefanoni: Medical center in #mooreoklahoma evokes memories of St. John's #Joplin 5-22-11 #TornadoRecovery http://t.co/hLXDJGkFSC 48 minutes ago
- A coroner says none of the 5 men killed in a crash on I-70 Monday near Vandalia were carrying IDs cbsloc.al/YXn5nk #IL 1 hour ago
- Extra Patrols Planned in Bridgeton cbsloc.al/16KNZEv 1 hour ago