The measure, which was sent to the House by a 24-9 Senate vote, was touted by its sponsor as a way to protect the rights of business owners.
Jones says the appeal is based on religious freedom.
U.S. District Judge Audrey Fleissig cited a provision in the U.S. Constitution declaring that federal laws take precedence over contradictory state laws.
A U.S. District Judge John Ross calls the suit premature.
Ruling overturns lawmakers’ override of Gov. Nixon’s veto.
At least three dozen suits have been filed around the country challenging the requirement that workplace health plans cover birth control.
Consider the economy, the job market, the recent horrendous occurrences in the Middle East before voting for a person because of his race, his social-issue promises, or any other rather selfish reasons.
With this grueling presidential contest heading into the final days, President Barack Obama and former Mass. Gov Mitt Romney are getting in touch with their softer side as polls show women voters could be the ones to determine the outcome.
Attorneys in the case say the ruling is believed to be the first on the merits of the contraceptive clause of the health care law.
The new law allows employers and health care providers to deny health insurance coverage of contraception and abortion if the employer has a religious objection.
- World's Largest Swimming... Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Flash Flooding in St. Louis Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- 15th Annual Komen Race For... Jim Gaffigan Joins Charlie... Unique Sunglasses For Summer Ballpark Village Update
- Best of Uncorked 2013 Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Jefferson Jackson Dinner
- End Sexual Violence National Doughnut Day Newest Zoo Addition Opens... D-Day Anniversary
- 1 Dead 3 Injured in Shooting at Berkeley Apartment Complex cbsloc.al/16evmoo #Crime 44 minutes ago
- Kerry Inc. In Affton Evacuated After Bomb Threat cbsloc.al/13ZL19h #MO 1 hour ago
- St. Louis CVC pays $2M to #Rams for legal fees ow.ly/mabmc #NFL 1 hour ago
- Statue Missing from National Frontier Trails Museum cbsloc.al/1015nzS 1 hour ago