Corps of Engineers
Corps officials announced over the weekend that expedited work to remove rocks near Thebes Illinois will keep that critical 9-foot channel open.
Earlier this month, an 11-year-old girl had to be rescued after sand swallowed her up to her waist
The corps said it received the letter a week ago protesting the contract to reconstruct the levee.
Says partnership will help expedite permitting process
Officials: Untold number of jobs lost because of flood insurance rate fears
Officials say upgrades should be completed in time, if Corps cooperates
The letters were intended to gauge landowners’ interest in selling all or part of their land to the federal government.
Flood Prevention Council doubts Corps commitment to expedite permitting process.
Plan to be submitted to Corps of Engineers Division officials this week
District has designs, cost estimate. Concerned about permitting process.
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Hazardous Household Waste... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch Shelby's Big Night
- Metro East Mayors establish collection points for Oklahoma tornado victims and work crews stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/05/21/don… 6 hours ago
- .@CHRABE has a new column: Return To Normalcy, At Least For A Few Hours cbsloc.al/18gknMy 8 hours ago
- Cardinals: Additional Tickets for Thursday’s Soccer Match cbsloc.al/1a2PCK0 #socceratbusch 9 hours ago
- Spending on specialty drugs like cancer, MS and hepatitis C will Increase by 67% in 2015, according to study. cbsloc.al/14v8mkN 10 hours ago