Four teenagers are among the first arrests under the new anti-crime curfew in East St. Louis.
No one under the age of 21 will be allowed in the area after 10 p.m. on Friday and Saturday nights.
“As long as these clubs are open all night it’s an invitation for more crime”
Mayor Alvin Parks Jr. says there will more police officers patrolling streets during late nights and early mornings.
Charlie talks with STL Police Chief Dan Isom about a possible 9:00PM curfew for youth under the age of 18, and with Sister Helen Prejean, author of the bestselling book, “Dead Man Walking”, about the opera of the same name opening at the Union Avenue Opera in STL.
The 9 p.m. curfew takes effect Friday at the Country Club Plaza and four other entertainment areas for those 18 years old and younger.
21-year-old charged in last weekend’s assault on police officer
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Hazardous Household Waste... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch Shelby's Big Night
- RT @KMOXPD: Phillips Phunny: Chelsea Toddler Scores Soccer Goal « Y98 cbsloc.al/10MKWqs 14 minutes ago
- RT @SCRyanSTL: @kmoxnews Kevin Kileen interviews John Andretti @Prime1000 for @GatewayMSP http://t.co/rfU4lWMEB5 1 hour ago
- Toxicology test says no drugs or alcohol found in #Newtown Gunman: cbsloc.al/14u0XlR 1 hour ago
- Is this a good idea? cbsloc.al/13F5dvR Metro Considers E-Cig Ban On Buses & Trains #stl 3 hours ago