1,300 of its civilian employees will be taking 14 days of furloughs through the end of this fiscal year.
The Army’s Golden Knights parachute team was a popular element of last year’s Air Show, but they’ve begun cancelling their 2013 appearances.
The White House and some state officials involved in Missouri’s budget process warned Tuesday that the cuts would have real-life consequences, such as children being dropped from early education programs.
The cuts to the Boeing Defense, Space and Security (BDS) unit will be made by the end of the year.
Current firefighters already threatening legal action if passed.
He doesn’t think the Missouri Lottery can generate enough money to meet expectations set in the budget.
“If you don’t change the system, the math tells you that at a point it’s an unsustainable plan,” Alderman Craig Schmid said.
The annual cost of drugs for Medicaid has reached $1.6 billion, or about $612 per Medicaid client.
A tough math lesson for Parkway School Board members, who voted Wednesday night to cut at least $7.5 million over the next two years.
They’re expected to vote early next month on cutting 3-to-5 percent of the budget, which could total more than $9 million.
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Local Artists Find Success on...
- Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Hazardous Household Waste...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch Shelby's Big Night Bravo's Andy Cohen Featured...
- Branson Recovers from Tornado, Loss of Stars cbsloc.al/10QYAWB #mo 1 hour ago
- Missouri Social Services Director Resigns cbsloc.al/13GuhWC #MO 3 hours ago
- Church Van Accident on I-70 Leaves 5 Dead cbsloc.al/Z94h6N #Il 3 hours ago
- Metal Detectors, Bag Restrictions For Senior PGA Championship cbsloc.al/12HK06U It will be held this week at Bellerive Country Club 4 hours ago