State treasurer Dan Rutherford says it only adds to the amount of interest the state will have to pay as it borrows more money.
“I believe that if you are a retiree, your pension benefit is what you get. That’s what you deserve,” Dan Rutherford told reporters before a presentation in Springfield.
The agency says public pension reform is critical to Illinois’ fiscal position.
The treasurer’s online unclaimed property auction is set to start at 10 a.m. Nov. 26 and will close at 10 p.m. Nov. 30.
“If we all do what we know we need to do, (Chief) Justice (John) Roberts will ask Mitt Romney to raise his right hand to become President of the United States,” Dan Rutherford said.
With the prison population at an all-time high, the state needs the space at Tamms and Dwight, says state Treasurer Dan Rutherford.
Now, the governor is asking everyone to cut 9 percent from their budgets.
The Republican’s office says taxpayers aren’t footing the bill for his trip, which runs through September 2.
The state treasurer wants to get rid of $1.5 billion in assets, and he hopes using the State Fair will move things along.
The current vault, is full of things like gold bars, jewelry, coins, stamps, even Mickey Mantle baseball cards.
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Hazardous Household Waste... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch Shelby's Big Night
- Some East St. Louis City Employees Test Positive for Drugs cbsloc.al/183w4su 27 minutes ago
- New Phone Scam Centers Around Affordable Care Act cbsloc.al/10kN49h 54 minutes ago
- RT @Brpkelly: Missouri gets a C- infrastructure grade from ASCE, better than Nation's D+. #kmoxnews 1 hour ago
- In the news at 7:30: The cost of the Schnucks lawsuit, Biondi meets with SLU faculty, and homelessness in the county betaplayer.radio.com/player/newsrad… 1 hour ago