By a vote of 1,485 to 1,279, voters on Tuesday ended a long controversy by repealing an ordinance that allowed deer hunting.
“The wild deer problem is pretty bad,” Councilman Matt Pirrello said. “What’s interesting is all our surrounding communities allow hunting.”
Much of the problem appears to be south of I-270, around the Meramec River.
17 deer were killed this past season and Chief Glen Eidman says there have not been any incidents in which someone was hurt.
The doe, named Ella, and the dog have been at each other’s sides in Kansas City’s 43-acre Elmwood Cemetery for the past few months.
Kansas wildlife officials are reminding hunters that it’s against the law to exchange text messages on the whereabouts of deer and other game that might be headed their way.
Carcasses stolen from a clubhouse in Boulder Illinois
“I’m pleased to again join thousands of Missouri hunters who are donating venison to help provide for those in need,” Gov. Nixon said.
Deer hunting season is upon us, and Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon is asking hunters to help curb Missouri’s hunger epidemic.
The Southeast Missouri reports the election in April will be the first referendum in the city’s history.
- Practice Round at Senior PGA Chelsea vs Manchester City... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Busch Stadium Transforming...
- Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Local Artists Find Success on...
- Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Hazardous Household Waste...
- Follow all the action between Chelsea vs. Manchester City tonight via KMOX's social story. cbsloc.al/18lWC5T #socceratbusch 1 hour ago
- CBS News Special Report: Boy Scouts vote on admitting gay scouts. 2 hours ago
- RT @KMOXKilleen: Smell that Smoke! A burning plastic, foul garbage smell rising in the smoke from Bridgeton landfill dig. http://t.co/HTA… 3 hours ago
- RT @damianpaletta: I'll be on @KMOX in a few minutes with @charliekmox talking about #IRS. Tune in St. Louis! 9 hours ago