The towers are all operated for the FAA at low-traffic airports and were to close by mid-June as the result of government-wide automatic spending cuts imposed by Congress.
Federal lawmakers from Missouri and Illinois were expected to attend Monday’s ceremony in St. Louis honoring the law enforcers with the Congressional Badge of Bravery.
It’s nothing we haven’t heard before, legislative things take time, but U.S. Senator Dick Durbin said he wanted action yesterday.
Last year he asked the FDA to require them to disclose their ingredients. Now he’s asking the manufacturers not to market to children.
U.S. Rep. Bill Enyart, and U.S. Rep. Rodney Davis have teamed up to co-sponsor bi-partisan legislation to avoid close calls on the Mississippi.
“I’m thrilled to see the ‘Stan Span’ so close to becoming a reality, and urge my colleagues in the U.S. House to quickly approve this tribute,” said U.S. Senator Claire McCaskill.
The bill, sponsored by U.S. Sens. Dick Durbin and Mark S. Kirk threatens up to a 15-year prison sentence for those who illegally purchase a gun for someone.
U.S. Senator Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) goes to bat for lessening out-of-state tuition costs for those who served.
The official name of the new bridge would be the “Stan Musial Memorial Bridge” if the bi-partisan effort is successful.
McCaskill (D-MO) said she and Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) will introduce federal legislation requesting that the new bridge be named after the late Cardinal Hall of Famer.
- American Legion Memorial... Chelsea vs Manchester City Soccer Match Pep Rally at... Practice Round at Senior PGA
- Chelsea vs Manchester City... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma...
- Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013
- Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To...
- Pick-a-Side: Which Is Your Favorite Fun In The Sun Activity? cbsloc.al/153cW9E 2 hours ago
- Missouri Motorcycle Riders Had Good Legislative Year >> cbsloc.al/11ekXnK 4 hours ago
- After a short weather delay, organizers say Bluesweek has resumed in downtown St. Louis. #Bluesweek 4 hours ago
- The Bluesweek Festival in downtown St. Louis is temporary suspended, due to rain and lightning. 5 hours ago