The measure would prohibit refusing to hire an applicant solely because the person has used a firearm for a legal purpose, such as self-defense.
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Iowa’s state government employment policies have not discriminated against black employees and job applicants, a judge ruled Tuesday in a case closely watched by civil rights activists. District Judge Robert Blink issued […]
Will attempt to get around a veto issued by Gov. Jay Nixon earlier this year.
A rally at the capitol Tuesday led by hundreds of people with disabilities and their advocates called for having a voice in public policy.
Still must be reconciled with the Senate
Missouri’s Legislative Black Caucus is in opposition of a bill they say will eliminate years of progress for civil rights and discrimination protection for employees.
Legislation ties punitive damage maximum to size of employer.
Lawmakers are again trying to change the rules for workplace discrimination cases after similar legislation was vetoed last year.
Says construction project policy shuts out blacks and women
“The Missouri Commission on Human Rights found the defendant’s actions to be illegal and therefore ordered the appropriate remedies.”
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Hazardous Household Waste... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch Shelby's Big Night
- Spending on specialty drugs like cancer, MS and hepatitis C will Increase by 67% in 2015, according to study. cbsloc.al/14v8mkN 1 hour ago
- Springfield #Mo Won't Lower Marijuana Penalties cbsloc.al/12TPcDy 1 hour ago
- Illinois House Committee Approves Medicaid Expansion cbsloc.al/1a2K1U8 2 hours ago
- Tea Party Activists Rally Outside Kansas City #IRS Building cbsloc.al/12TNPog #MO 2 hours ago