St. Louis area government and civic leaders on Thursday launched an ambitious effort to help entrepreneurs start their companies, grow them and keep them in St. Louis.
K.C. Conway says St. Louis packs the double-punch of being where the rivers, roads and rails converge, and being in the perfect center for air service.
In the St. Louis area, manufacturing made a strong showing in some sectors, especially in automotive and furniture.
Hundreds of Midwest manufacturers stand to benefit from a web of high-speed passenger rail routes emerging from Chicago’s rail hub, according to a report released by an environmental policy group that has fought to defend the use of billions in taxpayer money on such projects.
The Mid-America Business Conditions index hit 53.2 in January, up from 49.5 in December and 48.0 in November.
The latest COUNTRY Financial Security Index® survey finds just 28 percent of people living in the St. Louis-area think the old, per-recession economy will return.
The economy will remain sluggish and hiring slow in nine Midwest and Plains states over the next few months, according to a monthly survey of business leaders released Wednesday.
A plunge over the federal “fiscal cliff” may sound like a terrifying risk for many state officials anxiously watching as Washington struggles to avert automatic tax hikes and spending cuts set to start with the new year. Yet their greatest angst may stem not from the potential loss of billions of dollars, but the confusion surrounding it all.
Creighton University economist Ernie Goss said weakness in nondurable-goods producers, such as food and ethanol makers, combined with worries about the global economy to slow business in the region.
Speaker John Boehner believes he holds a strong hand in fiscal cliff and debt limit talks. He is, once again, taking the global economy hostage and playing politics with the U.S. debt limit.
- World's Largest Swimming... Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Flash Flooding in St. Louis Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- 15th Annual Komen Race For... Jim Gaffigan Joins Charlie... Unique Sunglasses For Summer Ballpark Village Update
- Best of Uncorked 2013 Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Jefferson Jackson Dinner
- End Sexual Violence National Doughnut Day Newest Zoo Addition Opens... D-Day Anniversary
- Local Clergy Abuse Survivor Testifies Before the United Nations cbsloc.al/16eXpUQ 1 hour ago
- 1 Dead 3 Injured in Shooting at Berkeley Apartment Complex cbsloc.al/16evmoo #Crime 2 hours ago
- Kerry Inc. In Affton Evacuated After Bomb Threat cbsloc.al/13ZL19h #MO 2 hours ago
- St. Louis CVC pays $2M to #Rams for legal fees ow.ly/mabmc #NFL 3 hours ago