Federal Emergency Management Agency
A nationwide drought, the worst to hit the U.S. in decades, has lowered water levels along the Mississippi River, threatening barge traffic.
The City Council voted Monday night to approve the request to the State Emergency Management Agency, which will forward it to FEMA.
The million dollarthe safe room will hold 1,375 people.
Each of the defendants is accused of falsely claiming damage to their homes or property for disaster benefits.
Illinois Emergency Management Agency director Jonathon Monken says the state’s next step is to seek low-interest loans from the U. S. Small Business Administration.
“It has been determined that the damage was not of such severity and magnitude as to be beyond the capabilities of the State.”
The federal government is warning those who suffered losses from Missouri River flooding this summer that deadlines to file insurance claims are approaching.
“I have a couple of different friends who lost their day care centers in the tornado,” Jill Michel said. “I have been in on those conversations. To hear the numbers, well, it’s just staggering.”
Period to register for FEMA aid ends July 8.
The meeting of authorities from the Illinois and federal emergency management agencies could help prompt Washington to help local governments pay for cleanup.
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Hazardous Household Waste... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch Shelby's Big Night
- RT @michaelcalhoun: Sam Bradford and Mayor Slay http://t.co/kr169vpM0j 51 minutes ago
- RT @Brpkelly: A veteran like Bob Tway watches video of his swings on the range. And we expect to hit like Tiger. #seniorpga http://t.co/WSV… 1 hour ago
- RT @KMOXSports: Busch field converted for tomorrow night http://t.co/4Eck0yocn6 / courtesy of @MPHackmann 1 hour ago
- Larry Conners Fired Over Facebook Comments cbsloc.al/18iXPe8 #stl #KMOV 1 hour ago