Midwesterners accustomed to generous government aid after ice storms, floods and tornadoes may soon have to look somewhere else for help when disaster strikes.
A nationwide drought, the worst to hit the U.S. in decades, has lowered water levels along the Mississippi River, threatening barge traffic.
Governor Christie went out of his way to praise the work that the President and his administration are doing, something that he got a lot of credit for…outside of the right-wing blogosphere.
When the storm and its headlines have passed, however, the questions about the Benghazi tragedy should continue full force as November 6 continues to near. During the much-needed questioning and impending investigation, it would be grand if President Obama would remain presidential throughout the process.
Romney was asked at a presidential debate whether FEMA should be shut down in light of the deficit. Romney replied that FEMA should “absolutely” be shut down. He was asked specifically if that included disaster relief. He replied that it was “immoral” to provide such relief in the face of “larger debts”, emphasizing that “it makes no sense at all” to have such programs.
The 2012 presidential campaign between President Obama and Mitt Romney will be book-ended by hurricanes.
Two metro east villages are looking for ways to pay for mandated inspections
FEMA mandates inspection could cost village $1 million
As Hurricane Isaac threatens the Gulf again, we will see if Katrina and Isaac serve as bookends of GOP hostility to federal disaster relief. An odd stance for a party that claims to “choose life” while watching people die in natural disasters rather than provide an adequate response.
The University of Missouri Extension is encouraging people and groups to post on a Facebook page devoted to the drought.
- Practice Round at Senior PGA Chelsea vs Manchester City... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Busch Stadium Transforming...
- Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Local Artists Find Success on...
- Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Hazardous Household Waste...
- Follow all the action between Chelsea vs. Manchester City tonight via KMOX's social story. cbsloc.al/18lWC5T #socceratbusch 3 hours ago
- CBS News Special Report: Boy Scouts vote on admitting gay scouts. 3 hours ago
- RT @KMOXKilleen: Smell that Smoke! A burning plastic, foul garbage smell rising in the smoke from Bridgeton landfill dig. http://t.co/HTA… 5 hours ago
- RT @damianpaletta: I'll be on @KMOX in a few minutes with @charliekmox talking about #IRS. Tune in St. Louis! 10 hours ago