Ten inches of water on some roads.
Quinn’s office said Thursday that the governor is asking President Barack Obama to declare 11 counties major disaster areas.
At this time last year, 88 percent of Illinois’ corn crop was in the ground. This year, just seven percent is.
Spokesman Jeff Ochs told KMOX a pick-up truck drove straight into floodwaters on Firma Road near Highway 79 around 5 a.m. and got trapped.
NWS Meteorologist KMOX, “There is still a flood threat at this time , its just a matter of how fast this system moves through.”
Meanwhile, the Coast Guard investigation continues. One big question: should 114 barges breaking loose raise eyebrows?
Investigators are looking into what caused more than 100 barges to break free during recent flooding.
Some disappointing news for thousands of youth soccer players in the area.
Information from the National Weather Service showed that the river crested at 10.1 feet above flood stage early Friday at Cape Girardeau.
The river reached 35.5, feet 5.5 feet above flood stage, at a gauge near the Gateway Arch early Thursday morning but had fallen about a half-foot by midday.
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Hazardous Household Waste... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch Shelby's Big Night
- RT @DebbieMonterrey: @LarryConnersUSA joins @charliekmox and me on @KMOX at 9:05 stlouis.cbslocal.com/#listen-live 1 hour ago
- RT @KMOX: 9:05a-Charlie & Debbie talk with fired KMOV Anchor Larry Conners. kmox.com/listen 1 hour ago
- Traffic Increasing at Lambert Airport cbsloc.al/16U8BKq 1 hour ago
- Study: Renting Homes Beats Buying Them in St. Louis cbsloc.al/16U2ENz 1 hour ago