The student-run Tiger Pantry at the University of Missouri reports giving free food to nearly 150 people, plus their families, since its early October start.
At the Emmanuel Seventh Day Adventist Food Pantry just south of downtown, they were lined up around the block.
A neighbor saw them unloading food at an Alton home
There are 172,000 “food insecure” children in area – children whose families don’t know how they’ll feed them month-to-month.
People who were donating food last year are picking it up this year
Need has increased ten fold in a year’s time
Operation Food Search of St. Louis is a finalist in the Toyota “100 Cars For Good” program.
Circle of Concern providing 7,000 more meals each month.
Paychecks hit by cancellations
- American Legion Memorial... Chelsea vs Manchester City Soccer Match Pep Rally at... Practice Round at Senior PGA
- Chelsea vs Manchester City... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma...
- Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013
- Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To...
- Have you been effected by cuts caused by the sequester? cbsloc.al/1aceFuk 6 hours ago
- How safe are your community parking garages? cbsloc.al/14Dm0SW 8 hours ago
- Pick-a-Side: Which Is Your Favorite Fun In The Sun Activity? cbsloc.al/153cW9E 9 hours ago
- Missouri Motorcycle Riders Had Good Legislative Year >> cbsloc.al/11ekXnK 11 hours ago