Quinn says its “imperative” that the gaming board oversees a Chicago casino as well as slot machine that could end up in Chicago’s two airports.
The organization Stop Predatory Gambling opposes the loan idea.
Gov. Pat Quinn has vetoed a piece of old gambling legislation that would have added five new casinos and more slot machines.
While not ruling out anything, Sen. Terry Link said it would be similar to his previous proposal of five new casinos.
DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Authorities have arrested nine people, including several coaches, they say were gambling on youth football games and setting point spreads. Broward Sheriff’s officials searched two alleged gambling houses Monday where […]
“When I vetoed the legislation before, it did not have dedicated earmarked money for education and I think that’s absolutely required,” Quinn said.
The groups, including Common Cause and the Anti-Gambling Task Force, know that legislators could override the veto.
Gov. Quinn says he’s OK with an expansion of gambling under the right circumstances.
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Hazardous Household Waste... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch Shelby's Big Night
- Metro East Mayors establish collection points for Oklahoma tornado victims and work crews stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/05/21/don… 6 hours ago
- .@CHRABE has a new column: Return To Normalcy, At Least For A Few Hours cbsloc.al/18gknMy 8 hours ago
- Cardinals: Additional Tickets for Thursday’s Soccer Match cbsloc.al/1a2PCK0 #socceratbusch 8 hours ago
- Spending on specialty drugs like cancer, MS and hepatitis C will Increase by 67% in 2015, according to study. cbsloc.al/14v8mkN 9 hours ago