“We consistently have new vulnerabilities popping up in our networks and consistently being closed when we find them,” David Maestas said.
He was a long-time senator from the southwest Missouri town of Carthage, serving from 1963 until his death in 1990. One of my reporters at the time described Webster as an amateur actor and he certainly treated the Senate chamber like his personal stage.
Missouri’s Senate may be on the verge of an historic change. And if so, it likely can be attributed to one of the softest-spoken legislative leaders I’ve covered.
The year’s campaign season has provided a clear demonstration of the declining role of political parties.
I remember how some have been magnanimous in defeat, while others have been bitter.
Vestiges of the economy also were found in the second question in the CBS Local Presidential Forum on their view of the role of the federal government.
A statehouse colleague of mine recently wrote about being blocked from access to a tax expert in the state Revenue Department for a story she was pursuing.
In the aftermath of the Todd Akin controversy, one of my reporters asked me if I could remember a Missouri politician who had recovered from a similar catastrophic setback.
This year’s veto session was a sad time for me. It always is in even-numbered years.
I have a confession… I am not looking forward to the fall campaign season.
- Chelsea vs Manchester City Soccer Match Pep Rally at... Practice Round at Senior PGA Chelsea vs Manchester City...
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils...
- Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove
- Belleville man charged in sexual assault of a child stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/05/24/bel… 4 hours ago
- RT @stltreasurer: "We've seen the future, and it's plastic!" Treasurer Jones via @kmoxnews stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/05/24/cit… 10 hours ago
- RT @caroldanielKMOX: Noon-time robbery of 2 employees @ Scott Credit Union ATM in OFallon, Ill. Police going over video from scene. http:/… 10 hours ago
- O’Fallon, Illinois ATM ‘Forcibly’ Robbed Friday cbsloc.al/16TZdGg 11 hours ago