Governor Jay Nixon
People who use their influence to take financial advantage of elderly and disabled Missourians could face criminal charges.
When it was launched in the late 1990s, a Missouri grant program for preschools was intended to last only a short time.
Missouri’s legislature enters the final day of its 2012 session with few major issues remaining.
The measure would prohibit most solicitations by phone call or text message to cellphones.
Missouri is providing $2.3 million to help build special rooms at five Joplin schools designed to withstand severe weather.
Lawmakers have already passed a $24 billion budget and a bill creating a dedicated funding source for veterans nursing homes.
The budget must be sent to Gov. Jay Nixon’s desk by May 11 at 6 p.m.
Education policy issues include public school funding and dealing with the unaccredited St. Louis and Kansas City school districts.
House and Senate Republicans continue to be divided on many issues in the budget, including the passage of a $70 million tax amnesty program.
The Missouri House has endorsed legislation that could make it harder for employees who report workplace wrongdoing to be shielded from retaliation.
- Practice Round at Senior PGA Chelsea vs Manchester City... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Busch Stadium Transforming...
- Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Local Artists Find Success on...
- Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Hazardous Household Waste...
- Follow all the action between Chelsea vs. Manchester City tonight via KMOX's social story. cbsloc.al/18lWC5T #socceratbusch 1 hour ago
- CBS News Special Report: Boy Scouts vote on admitting gay scouts. 2 hours ago
- RT @KMOXKilleen: Smell that Smoke! A burning plastic, foul garbage smell rising in the smoke from Bridgeton landfill dig. http://t.co/HTA… 3 hours ago
- RT @damianpaletta: I'll be on @KMOX in a few minutes with @charliekmox talking about #IRS. Tune in St. Louis! 8 hours ago