Illinois Jobs Now, the program that was enacted in 2009, runs out in the middle of next year.
Illinois could have $275 million more for road and bridge projects this year if lawmakers approve a Department of Transportation funding plan.
High winds and blowing snow are adding to driving difficulties.
Traffic will cross one lane at a time from 9 am to noon.
IDOT says highway traffic fatalities are up, depite rise in safety restraint use.
Coalition expert says $500 million was “diverted” to other uses.
Statistics show that motorcycles represent 3 percent of total vehicle registrations in Illinois, yet motorcycle fatalities make up about 16 percent of all vehicle fatalities.
Was operating a manlift that toppled into the water.
Keith Jakel of Highland was IDOT road worker.
IDOT spending 15 percent less on snow removal this season.
- Chelsea vs Manchester City Soccer Match Pep Rally at... Practice Round at Senior PGA Chelsea vs Manchester City...
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils...
- Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove
- Bridgeton Landfill Fire Creeping Closer to Radioactive Waste >> cbsloc.al/18nzJPr 23 minutes ago
- Military Medals Left at Goodwill Will Be Returned to WWII Vet’s Daughter >> cbsloc.al/10RQxaT 1 hour ago
- Belleville man charged in sexual assault of a child stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/05/24/bel… 12 hours ago
- RT @stltreasurer: "We've seen the future, and it's plastic!" Treasurer Jones via @kmoxnews stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/05/24/cit… 17 hours ago