Illinois General Assembly
The concern on the governor’s part was what he called “unprecedented interference” in the Illinois Commerce Commission’s rate-making authority.
“(The General Assembly) set the rate, at that time, of $20,000 for bodily injury and $15,000 for property damage. That has not changed in 24 years,” Rep. Fine said.
SB 1739 would establish a new land-based casino in Chicago plus four others and would allow slot machines at horse racing tracks.
State treasurer Dan Rutherford says it only adds to the amount of interest the state will have to pay as it borrows more money.
While the bill passed along party lines, even one of the “no” voters says people had better get ready for a different world.
That happened in 2011, when – with the help of a number of lame ducks – the legislature granted the governor’s wish for an income tax increase.
“I think it shows the frustration that people have with the lack of advancement on the issue with the legislature,” said NRA lobbyist Todd Vandermyde.
“I think the tone and the rhetoric from a lot of people around the country on the Republican Party is inappropriate when it comes to issues like immigration,” Tom Cross said.
“When I vetoed the legislation before, it did not have dedicated earmarked money for education and I think that’s absolutely required,” Quinn said.
Proposals involving others, such as state employees and teachers, do not have enough votes to pass.
- Chelsea vs Manchester City Soccer Match Pep Rally at... Practice Round at Senior PGA Chelsea vs Manchester City...
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils...
- Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove
- Belleville man charged in sexual assault of a child stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/05/24/bel… 6 hours ago
- RT @stltreasurer: "We've seen the future, and it's plastic!" Treasurer Jones via @kmoxnews stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/05/24/cit… 12 hours ago
- RT @caroldanielKMOX: Noon-time robbery of 2 employees @ Scott Credit Union ATM in OFallon, Ill. Police going over video from scene. http:/… 12 hours ago
- O’Fallon, Illinois ATM ‘Forcibly’ Robbed Friday cbsloc.al/16TZdGg 13 hours ago