The concern on the governor’s part was what he called “unprecedented interference” in the Illinois Commerce Commission’s rate-making authority.
The Executive Committee voted 12-3 on legislation to ban the delivery, sale or transfer of ammunition feeding devices of more than 10 rounds after emotional testimony.
The 35-21 Senate vote was much less narrow than a 61-57 vote in the Illinois House last month.
The speed limit in Wisconsin is 65, but it’s 70 in all other states adjacent to Illinois.
“Basic rights such as the right to maintain gainful employment, to access public services and spaces, to access emergency medical care, and the right to vote…cannot be denied”
Democratic Sen. Daniel Biss of Evanston is the sponsor of the bill. Biss says his proposal will help maintain people’s reasonable expectation of privacy.
“This is an opportunity for us to give back to those who have sacrificed for their country,” said State Sen. Michael Hastings (D-Orland Hills).
Online sales are less than one-half of 1 percent of the lottery’s total take. The bill has passed the Senate Executive Committee.
“It’s time to reconstitute the board and have a rough geographic balance and give the Senate and the governor an opportunity to reset,” Bill Haine said.
Senate Minority Leader Christine Radogno (R-Lemont) is sponsoring the bill. She says the light emitted from tanning beds is a Class 1 carcinogen.
- American Legion Memorial... Chelsea vs Manchester City Soccer Match Pep Rally at... Practice Round at Senior PGA
- Chelsea vs Manchester City... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma...
- Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013
- Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To...
- Just in time for #MemorialDay weekend >> Top Places for Pulled Pork in #STL cbsloc.al/ZdCUIW 37 minutes ago
- Missouri Ranks High on ‘Best States for Retirement’ List >> cbsloc.al/14MBbt1 2 hours ago
- Bridgeton Landfill Fire Creeping Closer to Radioactive Waste >> cbsloc.al/18nzJPr 3 hours ago
- Military Medals Left at Goodwill Will Be Returned to WWII Vet’s Daughter >> cbsloc.al/10RQxaT 4 hours ago