Illinois State Board of Education
“After several years of cuts, even though our recommendation from the state board was higher, we are comfortable with at least level funding this year,” said Board of Education member David Fields.
“You probably wouldn’t find many educators who would say that it’s not relevant to know that a 14-year-old spent the weekend in custody.”
The board voted Thursday to recommend the 13.4 percent increase but an increase in funding for education is unlikely.
The troubled East St. Louis school district is cutting 50 administrative jobs amid concerns the school system may run out of money by the end of September.
The East St. Louis School District 189 board has obtained a restraining order barring the Illinois State Board of Education from taking over the district.
Illinois gives the least amount of state aid to its schools in the nation.
Illinois schools could either get rid of the buses or charge for carrying students each day.
State school superintendent threatens to remove elected board of trustees.
Illinois wants to break loose from the regulations of the No Child Left Behind Act.
Illinois taxpayers could be on the hook for hundreds of hours that state education workers spent in planes, trains and automobiles on their way to assignments.
- John O'Hurley in the KMOX... World's Largest Swimming... Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Flash Flooding in St. Louis
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 15th Annual Komen Race For... Jim Gaffigan Joins Charlie... Unique Sunglasses For Summer
- Ballpark Village Update Best of Uncorked 2013 Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Jefferson Jackson Dinner End Sexual Violence National Doughnut Day Newest Zoo Addition Opens...
- Express Scripts to expand, add jobs stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/06/19/exp… 3 hours ago
- Keep your #smartphone safe during #summer bike trips with this bike pouch phone case cover: cbsloc.al/13Yaznj 4 hours ago
- St. Clair County Clerk Bob Delaney Resigns Amid Sexual Harassment Claims cbsloc.al/11orCRh #IL @caroldanielKMOX 5 hours ago
- Parents wanting to transfer their children out of failing school districts should act by Aug. 1 cbsloc.al/13Ty0zN #MO 6 hours ago