The American Civil Liberties Union says Ste. Genevieve County and former inmate Stanley Schell have settled a lawsuit filed in January.
Illinois is promising to improve safety at its youth prisons and offer inmates better educational and mental health services.
The Illinois Department of Employment Security has started checking the roll of people receiving unemployment benefits to find those who might be ineligible because they’re in jail.
The two death row inmates claimed their attorneys provided ineffective aid during their murder trials.
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Two St. Louis jailers are accused of facilitating a fight between inmates. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that City Workhouse jailers Elvis Maurice Howard and Dexter Brinson are charged with first-degree […]
The revelation came less than a month after it started a new process which runs the names of unemployment benefit recipients against a list of state inmates.
Prisoners have raised more than 50-tons of vegetables and fruits for the needy.
A former Missouri jailer is going behind bars himself.
The problem is called a health and hygiene concern.
Union says there was only one guard at key position — claims there should have been two.
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Hazardous Household Waste... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch Shelby's Big Night
- Metro East Mayors establish collection points for Oklahoma tornado victims and work crews stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/05/21/don… 11 minutes ago
- .@CHRABE has a new column: Return To Normalcy, At Least For A Few Hours cbsloc.al/18gknMy 2 hours ago
- Cardinals: Additional Tickets for Thursday’s Soccer Match cbsloc.al/1a2PCK0 #socceratbusch 2 hours ago
- Spending on specialty drugs like cancer, MS and hepatitis C will Increase by 67% in 2015, according to study. cbsloc.al/14v8mkN 3 hours ago