Judge Susan Illston
Bonds faces up to 10 years in prison on the obstruction conviction. Yet federal guidelines call for 15-21 months.
Bonds admitted inadvertently taking designer steroids in 2003, but denied any use before then.
Defense lawyer Allen Ruby insisted Bonds testified truthfully before a grand jury in December 2003 when he said he did not know he was using a pair of designer steroids.
Seven years ago, Bonds told a grand jury investigating sports doping that he never knowingly took performance-enhancing drugs.
U.S. District Judge Susan Illston found Greg Anderson in contempt Tuesday and ordered him held in custody until he testifies or the trial ends.
The judge and lawyers were attempting to winnow about 100 prospective jurors into 12 jurors and four alternates for a case that could take up to four weeks.
Prosecutors wanted to introduce the voicemails to show that Bonds was experiencing so-called “roid rage”.
Bonds pleaded not guilty to revised perjury charges on Tuesday. Anderson told the judge under oath that he has no intentions of testifying.
Bonds is still charged with making false statements to the grand jury and a catch-all charge that he obstructed the grand jury’s investigation into sports doping with his allegedly misleading testimony.
- Chelsea vs Manchester City Soccer Match Pep Rally at... Practice Round at Senior PGA Chelsea vs Manchester City...
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils...
- Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove
- Missouri Ranks High on ‘Best States for Retirement’ List >> cbsloc.al/14MBbt1 1 hour ago
- Bridgeton Landfill Fire Creeping Closer to Radioactive Waste >> cbsloc.al/18nzJPr 2 hours ago
- Military Medals Left at Goodwill Will Be Returned to WWII Vet’s Daughter >> cbsloc.al/10RQxaT 3 hours ago
- Belleville man charged in sexual assault of a child stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/05/24/bel… 15 hours ago