The public comment period expires Monday for repairs on 74 miles of flood protection levees in Madison, Monroe and Saint Clair counties.
Two metro east villages are looking for ways to pay for mandated inspections
FEMA mandates inspection could cost village $1 million
Project begins in June, slated to wrap up in late 2014.
Says partnership will help expedite permitting process
Hundreds of thousands of people, businesses and towns in Southwestern Illinois, according to the Federal Emergency Management Agency, are at risk of major flood damage.
Officials: Untold number of jobs lost because of flood insurance rate fears
Officials say upgrades should be completed in time, if Corps cooperates
Local agencies say permitting process is slow
Flood Prevention Council doubts Corps commitment to expedite permitting process.
- Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils...
- Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove
- Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Hazardous Household Waste... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch
- Shelby's Big Night Bravo's Andy Cohen Featured... One World Trade Center Fast Food Strike in St. Louis
- 2,800 Ameren Customers Without Power in St. Louis County cbsloc.al/17Vxxks #stl 12 minutes ago
- RT @CBSNews: JUST IN: Keyboardist Ray Manzarek, a founding member of The Doors, has died at 74, his business manager confirms to @CBSNews 22 minutes ago
- RT @CBSNews: MT @KHOULily This is a school where kids were trapped when tornado hit OKC. There are no words. http://t.co/VuLkVPBIvj (via @N… 31 minutes ago
- RT @CBSNews: LIVE NOW: A @CBSNews Special Report, devastating tornado outbreak in Oklahoma. WATCH: cbsn.ws/live and on @CBS stati… 43 minutes ago