As we look forward to warming up and drying out, Mother Nature may not be on the same page.
National Weather Service hydrologist Mark Fuchs says as many as four inches could fall Friday and Friday night.
Fuchs said crests will take place over the next five to ten days. The Mississippi should crest at St. Louis Tuesday within 6 inches of what is considered “major flooding.”
That is not good news for water levels on the Mississippi River which already threaten to slow down, if not shut down, barge traffic between St. Louis and Cairo, Illinois.
Months of drought have left the Mississippi near historic low levels, a problem worsened last month when the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers reduced the outflow from an upper Missouri River dam.
A nationwide drought, the worst to hit the U.S. in decades, has lowered water levels along the Mississippi River, threatening barge traffic.
Army Corps of Engineers is refusing to release water from Carlyle Lake, because it would worsen flooding on lower Mississippi
Cardinals Report with John Rooney John Hancock and Michael Kelley talk with Cardinals broadcaster John Rooney about today’s win and what to expect this weekend as the Reds roll into town. Mark on Money Gas […]
We talk to Cardinals’ Broadcaster John Rooney who previews the first exhibition game between the St. Louis Cardinals and the Florida Marlins, and we hear from America’s Scholarship Coach Ben Kaplan and National Weather Service Hydrologist Mark Fuchs.
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Local Artists Find Success on...
- Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Hazardous Household Waste...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch Shelby's Big Night Bravo's Andy Cohen Featured...
- Branson Recovers from Tornado, Loss of Stars cbsloc.al/10QYAWB #mo 4 hours ago
- Missouri Social Services Director Resigns cbsloc.al/13GuhWC #MO 5 hours ago
- Church Van Accident on I-70 Leaves 5 Dead cbsloc.al/Z94h6N #Il 6 hours ago
- Metal Detectors, Bag Restrictions For Senior PGA Championship cbsloc.al/12HK06U It will be held this week at Bellerive Country Club 6 hours ago