Menard Correctional Center
The 35-year-old man was declared dead in his cell in the prison’s segregation unit at 10:36 p.m. Tuesday.
A union official says numerous inmates were involved in an assault that injured two guards and a chaplain.
Randolph County Coroner Randy Dudenbostel says an autopsy is scheduled for the male prisoner found dead Thursday night.
Illinois has very low criteria for proving what is known as “causation,” or how job duties contributed to the injury, according to some.
Belleville media report questions workers comp claims at Menard.
“Workers’ comp overhaul is the single most important piece of legislation that we can pass this session to prove we’re serious about improving the business climate”
So. Ill. lawmakers want to call in Auditor General
CHESTER, Ill. (AP) — Illinois state insurance fraud officials have launched an investigation of a southwestern Illinois prison where nearly $10 million in worker’s compensation and paid medical leave have been paid out to more […]
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Hazardous Household Waste... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch Shelby's Big Night
- Maryland Heights parents who fear their children are using drugs can now have them tested without being arrested cbsloc.al/18f2HRw 13 minutes ago
- RT @AP BREAKING: Medical examiner's office revises death toll from Oklahoma tornado to at least 24. 30 minutes ago
- St. Charles Residents Again Discuss Smoking Ban cbsloc.al/10LOdGw 54 minutes ago
- In the news at 8: a tornado hits Mt. Olive, the power goes out for many bi-state residents, and St. Charles flooding betaplayer.radio.com/player/newsrad… 59 minutes ago