Plan also provides a smaller increase for public colleges and universities
Gov. Jay Nixon signed an executive order today closing state offices the Friday after the holiday.
Gov. Jay Nixon cited improving state revenue while announcing Friday that he signed an executive order to close state offices on Nov. 23.
Lawmakers have already passed a $24 billion budget and a bill creating a dedicated funding source for veterans nursing homes.
Missouri lawmakers have finally made progress on the state’s $24 billion operating budget.
“We’re really hoping this year they get their act together and instead of pointing their fingers at each other that they know veterans vote, and we point our fingers at them.”
Passing the state budget is the only thing the Missouri Constitution requires the General Assembly to accomplish during the session.
The budget must be sent to Gov. Jay Nixon’s desk by May 11 at 6 p.m.
House and Senate Republicans continue to be divided on many issues in the budget, including the passage of a $70 million tax amnesty program.
The result is that general revenue spending actually rose, and the budget plan now has a $4 million shortfall.
- Chelsea vs Manchester City Soccer Match Pep Rally at... Practice Round at Senior PGA Chelsea vs Manchester City...
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils...
- Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove
- RT @Y98Jen: #Y98Requestathon is ON! 314-969-9898/618-397-9898 to help tornado victims! bit.ly/1a7xrmm 11 minutes ago
- Do you look up where you used car came from? Cars Damaged During Hurricane Sandy Flooding Market At Half-Off: cbsloc.al/ZieduQ 20 minutes ago
- Smelly Bridgeton Landfill Fire Creeping Closer to Radioactive Waste cbsloc.al/12AYkMR 38 minutes ago
- RT @DebbieMonterrey: Drones, Guantanamo and more...talking to @crowleyCNN at 7:52 on @KMOX stlouis.cbslocal.com/listenlive#lis… 43 minutes ago