Missouri History Museum
The embattled president of the Missouri History Museum may be called to testify before a committee of the St. Louis Board of Aldermen.
November marks the commemoration of Native American Heritage Month and St. Louis has a number of opportunities for history buffs to immerse themselves in the influence the native American culture played in shaping our country. Bring along family and friends as you take in these informative and enlightening activities.
The action comes amid controversy over a land deal with former Mayor Freeman Bosley, Jr.
Danforth’s job is to help negotiate a new contract between the History Museum and the Museum’s sub-district.
St. Louis museums offer culture and entertainment for a variety of interests and curiosities. Check out this fall’s best exhibits.
Not only is St. Louis a great hot bed of interesting lectures, it’s a great source of lecture series chock full of diverse and thought-provoking speakers. Come on out and expand your point of view by attending a lecture or speaker series.
Over 156,000 Missourians served in the first world war, including Gen. John J. Pershing, President Harry S. Truman and Walt Disney.
Our lives are enriched when we learn more about the world around us. The best museums in St. Louis show us parts of our world we may have missed — from Monet’s landscapes at the art museum to fun, interactive exhibits at the City Museum that delight the child in all of us.
John and Michael ask if Pres. Obama is the most liberal president in the history of our country; they also talk about term limits for elected officials, about limits to political contributions, about Christmas fruitcakes, about the history of the baseball bat, and about Father Dominic’s, the PBS Baking Monk,appearance in STL this weekend.
Charlie talks with two-time Grammy winning Singer/Songwriter Ray Stevens, with Peg Zitko, VP-Pub. Afrs., Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island Fdn., about raising $600 mil in private funds to renovate the State of Liberty, and a look at why St. Louisans moved from the City to the suburbs with Univ. of Iowa Prof. Colin Gordon, author of Mapping Decline: St. Louis and the American City.
- American Legion Memorial... Chelsea vs Manchester City Soccer Match Pep Rally at... Practice Round at Senior PGA
- Chelsea vs Manchester City... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma...
- Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013
- Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To...
- Have you been effected by cuts caused by the sequester? cbsloc.al/1aceFuk 5 hours ago
- How safe are your community parking garages? cbsloc.al/14Dm0SW 8 hours ago
- Pick-a-Side: Which Is Your Favorite Fun In The Sun Activity? cbsloc.al/153cW9E 8 hours ago
- Missouri Motorcycle Riders Had Good Legislative Year >> cbsloc.al/11ekXnK 10 hours ago