Missouri House of Representatives
Democratic Representative Jeff Roorda sponsored the measure and says it would help crack down on drug trafficking.
The proposal would allow the governor to appoint an officeholder until an election could be held. The appointee would be then be barred from running.
The 2013 session started last week, and the newly elected legislators pledged to support the “government” instead of the “constitution.”
“When I had a chance at 23-year-old to file for office, I did it. I had a lot of people tell me ‘you’re going to lose’ and I knocked on 10,000 doors and we won,” he said.
Stacy Newman is the incumbent, and she won 1,823 to 1,822 against challenger Susan Carlson.
The budget must be sent to Gov. Jay Nixon’s desk by May 11 at 6 p.m.
“Why not just have women stay home, barefoot and pregnant, and stay in the kitchen?”Rep. Tishaura Jones said. “Because that’s exactly what this amendment does.”
The Missouri House of Representatives passed a bill that would require the Department of Transportation to establish a minimum interval time for yellow lights.
Legislation would allow an Amber Alert to be issued for any person who flees after assaulting or injuring a law enforcement officer.
Democrat Sara Lampe cited her experience serving on the House Budget Committee, running a small business and working in public education.
- John O'Hurley in the KMOX... World's Largest Swimming... Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Flash Flooding in St. Louis
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 15th Annual Komen Race For... Jim Gaffigan Joins Charlie... Unique Sunglasses For Summer
- Ballpark Village Update Best of Uncorked 2013 Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Jefferson Jackson Dinner End Sexual Violence National Doughnut Day Newest Zoo Addition Opens...
- RT @NewsDirKMOX: Q&A underway now with Fed Chmn. Bernanke, ck KMOX top of the hour for details. kmox.com/listen 1 hour ago
- .@SLUHospital Researchers Develop Virus Detection Technology cbsloc.al/19R0ChM 1 hour ago
- .@JasonKander Bars St. Louis Attorney from Doing Business in #MO cbsloc.al/19Sd0OM 1 hour ago
- RT @CBSNews: JUST IN: Fed leaves interest rates unchanged; chairman Bernanke speaks at 1:30 P.M. CT 1 hour ago