Missouri Secretary of State
The proposal would allow the governor to appoint an officeholder until an election could be held. The appointee would be then be barred from running.
Republican Shane Schoeller and Democrat Jason Kander seek to replace outgoing Robin Carnahan.
The long-eared, droopy-eyed dog is starring in a campaign commercial.
Wedge issues are deliberately divisive measures to identify for voters a clear difference between the two political parties.
Backers of a plan to raise the Missouri cigarette tax to 90-cents from 17 say they have far more names than they need.
Secretary of State’s office says only 16 were sought in 2004 election year.
“This conversation never came up until our President is named Barack Hussein Obama.”
Nearly 500 have filed for Missouri offices so far.
“There will be people in both parties disappointed, but there is no way to get a map and please everybody.”
Rep. Lyle Rowland, said his measure responds to “controversy” about the current president.
- John O'Hurley in the KMOX... World's Largest Swimming... Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Flash Flooding in St. Louis
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 15th Annual Komen Race For... Jim Gaffigan Joins Charlie... Unique Sunglasses For Summer
- Ballpark Village Update Best of Uncorked 2013 Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Jefferson Jackson Dinner End Sexual Violence National Doughnut Day Newest Zoo Addition Opens...
- Goodwill Stores Selling Donated Books on Amazon.com cbsloc.al/1awcVPu @MERSGoodwill 14 minutes ago
- RT @KMOXTIAMDoug: Potential legal battle over the New Life Evangelisti Center. Details after CBS at 7 @KMOX kmox.com/listen 23 minutes ago
- Express Scripts to Expand, Add Jobs cbsloc.al/11P20JV #stl #business 54 minutes ago
- RT @KMOXTIAMDoug: Express Scripts continues to grow. Details during the news at 6:30 @KMOX kmox.com/listen 55 minutes ago