A special committee has been charged with commissioning an independent study to provide a “comprehensive analysis of the taxation and governance issues.”
The measure would exempt the Doe Run Resources Corp. from punitive damages if the court determines the company is making a “good faith” effort to clean up the contaminated sites.
Senators debated the measure Tuesday but did not reach a vote. Lawmakers have until 6 p.m. Friday to approve legislation before their mandatory adjournment.
The Missouri House passed the Senate-originated measure which would give voters the choice to increase the sales tax by one cent over 10 years to fund improvements.
The bill would change which projects fall under the state’s wage requirement for public construction projects.
The program provides Medicaid coverage to disabled workers who otherwise would earn too much to qualify for government-funded health care.
Bill would cut individual taxes by one-half of a percentage point.
The measure would decrease both corporate and personal income tax rates in phases over the next 10 years.
The House and Senate have each passed their own budget and now must hammer out an agreement on the spending plan that will take effect July 1.
The Senate voted 26-6 Thursday to pass the measure. It now heads back to the House for further consideration.
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Hazardous Household Waste... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch Shelby's Big Night
- Is this a good idea? cbsloc.al/13F5dvR Metro Considers E-Cig Ban On Buses & Trains #stl 2 hours ago
- RT @MosbyBldgArts: @scottmosby just finished a talk with @kmoxnews about tornado safety & safe rooms. Link to on-air audio: http://t.co/2Qk… 2 hours ago
- The St. Louis area is in the midst of a seasonal outbreak of pink eye cbsloc.al/10M5I9Q 3 hours ago
- How You Can Help Recovery Efforts in Oklahoma cbsloc.al/10M1VZX 3 hours ago