Sometimes, it’s just a superstars’ time to finally win a championship. It happened a few years ago in Miami when Peyton Manning won his first Super Bowl title. It happened again as the final buzzer sounded in Game 5 of the NBA Finals and LeBron James was a champion of the world.
Now that the 2012 NBA Finals are over, it’s time to look back at some of the interesting stats and nuggets from the series that saw the Miami Heat capture its second NBA championship in the last six years.
Now that the Miami Heat are the 2012 NBA World Champions, all that’s left is to prepare for the championship parade.
It took around two years, but Thursday night after a completely dominating performance by the Miami Heat, LeBron James and the rest of the Big Three finally won the NBA Championship with a dominating 120-104 victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Miami Heat forward Shane Battier has pulled off a feat not many athletes can claim in their career. When the Miami Heat hoisted the Larry O’Brien trophy as NBA champions, it marked the end of a long journey for Battier.
The Miami Heat white hot celebration went from the hard court, to the street, and then to two South Florida premiere hot spots.
The Miami Heat moved one game closer to it’s second NBA Championship Tuesday night at the AmericanAirlines Arena with a thrilling 104-98 victory in Game 4 of the NBA Finals.
Every superstar who looks to cement a legacy and win a championship has a signature moment. Miami Heat superstar LeBron James needed that moment and he got it late in the fourth quarter of Game 4.
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Hazardous Household Waste... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch Shelby's Big Night
- For the 7th time this year, thousands of United Mine Workers rally outside Peabody Energy in #stl cbsloc.al/18g2wFA @KMOXKilleen 56 minutes ago
- RT @AndraStefanoni: Medical center in #mooreoklahoma evokes memories of St. John's #Joplin 5-22-11 #TornadoRecovery http://t.co/hLXDJGkFSC 1 hour ago
- A coroner says none of the 5 men killed in a crash on I-70 Monday near Vandalia were carrying IDs cbsloc.al/YXn5nk #IL 1 hour ago
- Extra Patrols Planned in Bridgeton cbsloc.al/16KNZEv 1 hour ago