The comments by the Missouri Health Care Association come in response to a KMOX investigation Friday which showcased dozens of area nursing homes.
Allegations of rape, physical and verbal abuse, and neglect fill the pages of nursing home inspections released Wednesday.
Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon visited every veterans nursing home in the state to tout a new law providing a funding source for the state-run homes.
Missouri will receive $1.9 million and Illinois will receive $20 million under the$1.6 billion dollar settlement.
Nursing homes could soon become exempt from St. Louis County’s smoking ban.
- John O'Hurley in the KMOX... World's Largest Swimming... Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Flash Flooding in St. Louis
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 15th Annual Komen Race For... Jim Gaffigan Joins Charlie... Unique Sunglasses For Summer
- Ballpark Village Update Best of Uncorked 2013 Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Jefferson Jackson Dinner End Sexual Violence National Doughnut Day Newest Zoo Addition Opens...
- OfficeMax & Office Depot Pit #IL VS. #FL for Headquarters cbsloc.al/194KOsq #Business 13 minutes ago
- Goodwill Stores Selling Donated Books on Amazon.com cbsloc.al/1awcVPu @MERSGoodwill 27 minutes ago
- RT @KMOXTIAMDoug: Potential legal battle over the New Life Evangelisti Center. Details after CBS at 7 @KMOX kmox.com/listen 36 minutes ago
- Express Scripts to Expand, Add Jobs cbsloc.al/11P20JV #stl #business 1 hour ago