Occupy Wall Street
Occupy Wall Street made the world aware of Wall Street’s nearly-obscene inequities. But, unfortunately, that has been about it. How much has really changed because of the 12-month-old movement?
Warmer weather and milder conditions are merely happy coincidence for what Occupy organizers are hoping will be the true jumping-off point for the movement’s 2012 comeback. Occupy the Midwest, a large-scale convention intended to breathe new life into the movement, is set to take place this weekend in St. Louis.
“Anyone who would advocate socialist solutions to certain problems in this country, they don’t understand this country,” Walsh said.
Protestors on the move in New York. Children who die while sleeping. Buying things we don’t need. STEM Jobs.
Twenty-four members of the group are seeking a preliminary injunction that would allow them to renew their encampment.
A few said they’d continue their occupation. Others say they’ll protest by day but leave the park by the 10 p.m. curfew time.
The demonstrators who were arrested stood passively on park ground — violating the city’s 10 p.m. curfew — as officers used plastic ties to handcuff them and lead them to eight paddywagons.
Charlie talks with Bestselling Author Walter Isaacson about his new book, “Steve Jobs”…with Mo. Air National Guard Veteran Tony Ribaudo about being called up by President JFK during the Berlin crisis…with Occupy STL Protestor Kim Bolin…and with Darrell Smith of the Internat’l Window Film Assn., about federal tax credits for windows.
The American Civil Liberties Union plans to observe the eviction and possibly build a case against the city.
Starting Friday at 3 p.m. all park laws will be applied to them.
- Flash Flooding in St. Louis Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 15th Annual Komen Race For... Jim Gaffigan Joins Charlie...
- Unique Sunglasses For Summer Ballpark Village Update Best of Uncorked 2013 Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Jefferson Jackson Dinner End Sexual Violence National Doughnut Day
- Newest Zoo Addition Opens... D-Day Anniversary Charlie Brennan's 1120 Lager... Father's Day Gift Ideas
- Kirkwood Police search for man they call "Armed and Dangerous" after a homicide in their city. stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/06/17/arm… 3 hours ago
- Should Pitchers Wear Helmets? Local Coaches Weigh In cbsloc.al/11km36s 6 hours ago
- Lawmaker: Remove Radioactive Waste from Landfill cbsloc.al/13VS4Qj 6 hours ago
- Madigan Seeks 2nd Delay on #IL Gun Plan cbsloc.al/11ufuLe 7 hours ago