Madison and St. Clair counties are among the 49 each getting $2,000 for media buys.
Recycling measure was opposed by many environmentalists and local governments as too restrictive.
Illinois would be the first state in the nation to specifically recycle plastic bags and plastic liner.
Some people may get a jolt when they find out what it costs if they choose to recycle, instead of sending those batteries to the landfill.
Trees free of all decorations will be accepted at designated parks until Friday Jan. 13, 2012.
“Illinois is on the forefront of not only reducing waste but in creating the infrastructure for building a new sustainable environmental industry.”
KIRKWOOD, Mo. (KMOX) – For the first time, St. Louis County residents will be able to recycle styrofoam. The City of Kirkwood is offering drop-off of polystyrene foam, including foam packing and peanuts, clean food […]
Thousands turn out to celebrate environmental awareness.
22nd annual event begins with “Recycling Extravaganza”
- World's Largest Swimming... Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Flash Flooding in St. Louis Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- 15th Annual Komen Race For... Jim Gaffigan Joins Charlie... Unique Sunglasses For Summer Ballpark Village Update
- Best of Uncorked 2013 Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Jefferson Jackson Dinner
- End Sexual Violence National Doughnut Day Newest Zoo Addition Opens... D-Day Anniversary
- RT @michaelcalhoun: Communities Concerned, Criticize Proposed South County Connector « CBS St. Louis cbsloc.al/11JW9Vb 12 minutes ago
- Woman Shocked While Recusing Cat From Flooding cbsloc.al/1bSZgQe #MO 18 minutes ago
- Do you want to hear additional details of the #NSA surveillance program? cbsloc.al/16bRKia 29 minutes ago
- Wild boars shot and killed on the Katy Trail in central #MO cbsloc.al/11mglkv 39 minutes ago