Republican National Committee
Wagner cruised to an expected win over Democrat Glenn Koenen after building up a large fundraising advantage in Missouri’s 2nd district.
The bureau’s political action committee backed Akin over Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill by a 99 percent vote just three weeks ago.
Rick Tyler confirmed his move Thursday to The Associated Press and said he had already arrived in St. Louis.
Wagner was favored in the race which had become overshadowed by the hotly-contested 1st District race as well as the equally contentious Republican Senate primary race.
“I think if I went, those same Republican operatives that are criticizing me for not going, would say she thinks party honchoes are more important than Missourians.”
Demetra Demonte from Illinois is the new secretary of the Republican National Committee.
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Hazardous Household Waste... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch Shelby's Big Night
- In case you missed it: KMOV’s Larry Conners Fired Over Facebook Comments stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/05/22/lar… 4 hours ago
- Police search for missing New Baden woman stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/05/22/sea… 5 hours ago
- Are you a bride-to-be? Lots of bridal shops have Memorial Day sales. Check out these local shops: cbsloc.al/14u4YGK #stl 6 hours ago
- Protestors: Police Shot “Un-armed” Man cbsloc.al/10MOYel #stl 6 hours ago