Wentzville Police say a situation is unfolding in a nearby neighborhood.
A rural school district in the south-central Missouri town of West Plains it now allows some employees to carry concealed weapons into its school.
In Collinsville the school board voted Monday night to eliminate 16 full-time and three part-time teaching positions starting next school year.
Supporters can find classroom project they want to help fund by going to http://www.donorschoose.org.
Grades would be assigned to every school in a district.
The Washington Missourian paper reports that the suspect was captured on a deck of a home near Holtgrewe Road, west of Pottery Road.
Police in both St. Louis city and county were being extra vigilant around schools Monday.
The test would assess mastery of subject matter, competency in teaching methods and even confidence and compassion.
Officials say neither child appeared to suffer serious injuries.
“Technology fee” helps cover cost of school-issued iPads.
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Hazardous Household Waste... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch Shelby's Big Night
- RT @CBSNews: Oklahoma tornado's strength upgraded to rare EF5 cbsn.ws/12TF1i6 50 minutes ago
- Local Students Receive Prestigious Nominations to Military Academies cbsloc.al/18g0hlF #stl 1 hour ago
- For the 7th time this year, thousands of United Mine Workers rally outside Peabody Energy in #stl cbsloc.al/18g2wFA @KMOXKilleen 1 hour ago
- RT @AndraStefanoni: Medical center in #mooreoklahoma evokes memories of St. John's #Joplin 5-22-11 #TornadoRecovery http://t.co/hLXDJGkFSC 1 hour ago