Missouri’s finances could take a $60 million annual hit because of a recent 2 percentage point increase in federal Social Security payroll taxes, according to the state’s budget director.
Topinka estimated Social Security and income tax increases would lower Illinois tax revenues by up to $500 million.
The debate results are much less lopsided than the first debate, but Obama’s failed promises of the past four years which were clearly expressed by Romney dictate that Obama couldn’t win the debate. Romney won again.
Mitt Romney’s apprentice salesman stepped on the stage last night and delivered his talking points, but little more. Throughout the night, Joe Biden delivered lesson after lesson to the ambitious young Congressman from Wisconsin.
Both candidates did what they had set out to do. Biden reached out to his base, and Ryan spoke to those who don’t like the direction the country is headed. Republicans are likely not happy that Ryan didn’t deliver the knock-out debate Mitt Romney did a week ago while Democrats are, as previously stated, ecstatic Biden didn’t have a bad night.
Vestiges of the economy also were found in the second question in the CBS Local Presidential Forum on their view of the role of the federal government.
Like Reagan’s cautious approach to the debates in 1984, Obama knows he is the president. Obama was the cautious champ, picking his moments and more concerned with overplaying his hand than winning every point in the first meeting.
Unlike Obama, Mitt Romney has been talking about his plan to save Social Security on the campaign trail in the recent past. Though it is getting little to no coverage in the national press, it should be getting the positive “buzz” it deserves.
Obama has been moving the needle with seniors using distorted arguments about Social Security and Medicare. Fortunately for GOP presidential challenger Mitt Romney, seniors’ top concern is the economy’s struggles under Obama and seniors have overwhelming voted Republican in the last two presidential elections.
Lawanda Lewis admitted to fraudulently receiving nearly $23,000 that were intended for her mother.
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Hazardous Household Waste... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch Shelby's Big Night
- RT @DebbieMonterrey: @LarryConnersUSA joins @charliekmox and me on @KMOX at 9:05 stlouis.cbslocal.com/#listen-live 1 hour ago
- RT @KMOX: 9:05a-Charlie & Debbie talk with fired KMOV Anchor Larry Conners. kmox.com/listen 1 hour ago
- Traffic Increasing at Lambert Airport cbsloc.al/16U8BKq 1 hour ago
- Study: Renting Homes Beats Buying Them in St. Louis cbsloc.al/16U2ENz 1 hour ago