Missouri universities and social services programs may soon learn whether their budgets will be cut for the upcoming year
Settlement provides improved state services
House and Senate Republicans continue to be divided on many issues in the budget, including the passage of a $70 million tax amnesty program.
The Senate ended a two day gridlock and passed the state’s $24 billion budget early Wednesday morning.
The Senate adjourned near midnight after eight hours without a compromise on Missouri’s $24 billion budget.
Democrats on the committee were irate at the cuts because they said they were not informed about the plan prior to the mark-up Thursday morning.
Groups are speaking up about proposed cuts to social services.
- Chelsea vs Manchester City Soccer Match Pep Rally at... Practice Round at Senior PGA Chelsea vs Manchester City...
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils...
- Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove
- RT @stltreasurer: "We've seen the future, and it's plastic!" Treasurer Jones via @kmoxnews stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/05/24/cit… 3 hours ago
- RT @caroldanielKMOX: Noon-time robbery of 2 employees @ Scott Credit Union ATM in OFallon, Ill. Police going over video from scene. http:/… 4 hours ago
- O’Fallon, Illinois ATM ‘Forcibly’ Robbed Friday cbsloc.al/16TZdGg 5 hours ago
- St. Clair County Judge Charged With Heroin, Gun Possession cbsloc.al/16TXfFR 5 hours ago