St. Louis Fire Department
A neighbor was attempting to burn weeds in his yard when the fire spread to the adjacent lawn and home.
The department is using a $1 million federal grant it received in 2011 to provide city firefighters with technology on the scene.
St. Louis firefighters say unattended cooking is to blame.
Neighbors credited with alerting victims in the 5600 block of Pamplin Place.
Five residents burned out of their home. One suffered minor injuries.
Crews Sunday morning had to battle the elements & a tricky complex of structures
Firefighters used an outside ladder to get to a man trapped on the second floor because the stairs had burned away.
City of St Louis firefighters responded to a call of a house in flames, just after noon Saturday.
The “Stan Musial” can pump up to 7,000 gallons of water per minute.
Victim identified as 54-year-old Keith Whitted. Foul play is not suspected.