Police say the 49-year-old woman was standing at a bus stop Monday night when a man approached and started randomly slashing at people.
The stabbing, coupled with a fatal shooting a day later, left St. Louis Police Chief Sam Dotson defensive about his department’s ability to prevent such crimes.
The man allegedly punched Sophia Moore first. Then, with her children in the house, police say he stabbed her to death with a kitchen knife.
It happened at midnight at a home at Osceola St. and Broadway.
That’s according to an autopsy performed on the body of Brinda Babcock who was found in a smoke-filled home in the 4000 block of Giles.
In another incident, fistfight leads to multiple shots fired.
Authorities arrested the suspect after he returned to the home with a shotgun.
David Scott is charged with Second Degree Murder and Armed Criminal Action.
The incident happened shortly before 9:00 p.m. Tuesday night at 6th and Washington.
The victim was cut on the shoulder and neck.
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Hazardous Household Waste... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch Shelby's Big Night
- Metro East Mayors establish collection points for Oklahoma tornado victims and work crews stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/05/21/don… 4 hours ago
- .@CHRABE has a new column: Return To Normalcy, At Least For A Few Hours cbsloc.al/18gknMy 6 hours ago
- Cardinals: Additional Tickets for Thursday’s Soccer Match cbsloc.al/1a2PCK0 #socceratbusch 7 hours ago
- Spending on specialty drugs like cancer, MS and hepatitis C will Increase by 67% in 2015, according to study. cbsloc.al/14v8mkN 8 hours ago