Ten students rescued from school bus stuck in water in Illinois Thursday night.
When a gunman killed 26 children and staff at a Connecticut grade school, Missouri Rep. Mike Kelley quickly proposed legislation that would allow trained teachers to carry hidden guns into the classroom as a “line of defense” against attackers.
The growth in low-income students has occurred in all geographic regions of the state.
State Rep. La Shawn Ford, who last year passed a bill keeping employers from asking employees for their usernames and passwords, is now sponsoring a bill to do the same for students.
Thirty-two states have passed legislation designed to improve third-grade literacy, according to the Education Commission of the States. Retention is part of the policies in 14 states, with some offering more leeway than others.
A Kansas City high school will begin collecting hair from students to conduct mandatory drug tests.
“Technology fee” helps cover cost of school-issued iPads.
Maryville school officials say about 80 percent of the district’s 700 students will be subject to random drug testing when classes resume later this month.
Under the ruling, students from unaccredited school districts would not have the right to transfer to better school districts for free.
There’s no official cause of the fire, although authorities say it may have something to do with an overloaded power strip.
- John O'Hurley in the KMOX... World's Largest Swimming... Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Flash Flooding in St. Louis
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 15th Annual Komen Race For... Jim Gaffigan Joins Charlie... Unique Sunglasses For Summer
- Ballpark Village Update Best of Uncorked 2013 Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Jefferson Jackson Dinner End Sexual Violence National Doughnut Day Newest Zoo Addition Opens...
- Keep your #smartphone safe during #summer bike trips with this bike pouch phone case cover: cbsloc.al/13Yaznj 1 hour ago
- St. Clair County Clerk Bob Delaney Resigns Amid Sexual Harassment Claims cbsloc.al/11orCRh #IL @caroldanielKMOX 2 hours ago
- Parents wanting to transfer their children out of failing school districts should act by Aug. 1 cbsloc.al/13Ty0zN #MO 3 hours ago
- St. Louis High School Senior Receives Top Honor cbsloc.al/16hxWdp @LadueSchools http://t.co/0PCopvcfWB 3 hours ago