Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests
The Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests, or SNAP, is calling on Archbishop Robert Carlson to warn the flock about Gary Wolken, now 48, who is scheduled for release Feb. 23 from the Bonne Terre prison.
SNAP Calls on Archbishop Robert Carlson to Release Names of “Credibly Accused” Priests, Archdiocese Staffers
The Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests wants Archbishop Robert Carlson to take further action, following last week’s out-of-court settlement against accused former priest Father Joseph Ross.
SNAP’s David Clohessy says concrete actions need to be taken, instead of more discussion.
He repeated, aboard his papal plane returning from Jerusalem, there will be zero tolerance for clergy who violate children.
The Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests says Archbishop Carlson essentially outed a child sex abuse victim and his family by releasing information about them to their parish.
Supporters of Reverend Joseph Jiang want his name cleared but members of SNAP are calling for more witnesses to come forward.
The Archdiocese recently released its clergy misconduct costs from the fiscal year 2013, totaling $943,000. That’s compared to $342,000 in fiscal 2012.
Archbishop Robert Carlson has been subpoenaed to give a deposition in the criminal case of a priest at the Cathedral Basilica.
David Clohessy, a clergy abuse survivor, claims the Vatican has violated a treaty pledge to protect the rights of children.
The bill would remove the statute of limitations – currently 20 years – for civil cases alleging child sexual abuse.