“It’s turned into a much bigger cleanup than we thought,” County Executive Steve Ehlmann said. “We are anticipating collecting about 50,000 tons of tree and limb debris.”
Historic gymnasium in Gillespie, Illinois damaged by EF-2 tornado on May 31.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency and State Emergency Management Agency will assess the extent to which two tornadoes ripped through the area.
An Illinois man was part of the storm chasing team from which three members were killed by a tornado in Oklahoma.
Most of the outages nearly 35,000 were on the Missouri side of the St. Louis region as of about 1:00 p.m. Monday.
Waves of rough weather spawning high winds and a tornado tore through eastern Missouri and the St. Louis area Friday night, downing trees and power lines and sending gamblers rushing from a casino floor.
Oklahoma’s medical examiner’s office says a tornado outbreak in the Oklahoma City suburbs killed five people.
Forecasters are calling for storms throughout the day involving hail, high winds and possibly tornadoes.
Event organizers say last week’s drive to help tornado victims in Moore, Oklahoma was a huge success.
The hashtag — #STL4OKC — is the name of the local effort underway to collect supplies for tornado victims in Moore, Oklahoma.
- John O'Hurley in the KMOX... World's Largest Swimming... Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Flash Flooding in St. Louis
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 15th Annual Komen Race For... Jim Gaffigan Joins Charlie... Unique Sunglasses For Summer
- Ballpark Village Update Best of Uncorked 2013 Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Jefferson Jackson Dinner End Sexual Violence National Doughnut Day Newest Zoo Addition Opens...
- Future of New Life Evangelistic Center on Shaky Ground cbsloc.al/11plDM6 #STL http://t.co/dNOdZsbg8P 10 minutes ago
- RT @CBSRadioNews: Weekly unemployment claims jump by 18,000, but economist say the report still points to modest job growth. Listen: http:/… 14 minutes ago
- East St. Louis Considers Extending Nightclub Hours cbsloc.al/17pjl4a #IL 36 minutes ago
- RT @CBSRadioNews: Television fans mourn the death of "Sopranos" star James Gandolfini at age 51. Listen: bit.ly/cbsnewscast 50 minutes ago