The state’s Second Injury Fund has a deficit of about $25 million that is expected to keep growing.
Trooper Matt Mitchell was seeking compensation for injuries he suffered in his 2007 reckless homicide crash that killed two.
Department of Corrections said millions of dollars in workers compensation payments to Menard prison guards were obtained fraudulently.
AP says Gov. ready to sign legislation
The House and Senate sent two bills to Gov. Jay Nixon before they went on spring break that were both pushed by the Missouri business community.
Employee’s may soon face restrictions on how much they can receive in damages from a workplace injury.
Bill would also allow employees to sue their co-workers
Illinois has very low criteria for proving what is known as “causation,” or how job duties contributed to the injury, according to some.
The new law stems from the 2007 Uhl sisters tragedy.
Mitchell later pleaded guilty to reckless homicide and was sentenced to 30 months of probation. His claim for workers’ compensation for his injuries was denied.
- American Legion Memorial... Chelsea vs Manchester City Soccer Match Pep Rally at... Practice Round at Senior PGA
- Chelsea vs Manchester City... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma...
- Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013
- Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To...
- .@GovernorQuinn’s office has called a new concealed carry plan in Illinois a “massive overreach.” What do you think?... 1 hour ago
- Just in time for #MemorialDay weekend >> Top Places for Pulled Pork in #STL cbsloc.al/ZdCUIW 1 hour ago
- Missouri Ranks High on ‘Best States for Retirement’ List >> cbsloc.al/14MBbt1 3 hours ago
- Bridgeton Landfill Fire Creeping Closer to Radioactive Waste >> cbsloc.al/18nzJPr 4 hours ago