For years, both Neil Diamond and the Super Bowl Halftime show have been giving us, let’s say, mild overproduction (read: glitzy, flashy, and potentially unnecessary). So who’s got the edge between these two cheesy industry mainstays?
Tale of the tape
Super Bowl Halftime Show Vs. Neil Diamond: Who Takes The Trophy For Better Entertainment?
|Fireworks coming out of Prince’s Guitar at Super Bowl XLI! Weeee!||Career Highlight?||Getting the lady folk to lose their mind over Sweet Caroline, no matter how grating it is.|
|The Pepsi Pop-Star Firework Fever Dream.||Nickname?||The Jewish Elvis.|
|Was both celebrated and lampooned in "Basketball."||Cinematic Homage?||Both celebrated and lampooned in "Saving Silverman."|
|Bruce’s crown jewels hit the camera at Super Bowl XLIII.||The Springsteen Connection?||Jammed out to Sweet Caroline (Note: that wasn't as fun of a jam as it could have been. Very disappointing)|
|Show featured Madonna, LMFAO, Cirque du Soleil, Nicki Minaj, M.I.A., Cee Lo Green, Andy Lewis, Avon High School Drumline, Center Grove High School Drumline, Fishers High School Drumline, Franklin Central High School Drumline, Southern University Dancing Dolls, 200 Person Choir consisting of Indianapolis locals.||2012 Highlight?||Against that lineup? It could be “having a nice nap” and he’d get the point. But instead, we’ll note that he received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.|
|Janet Jackson and the wardrobe malfunction (Super Bowl XXXVIII).||What Lady Do They Bring To Mind?||Amanda Peet. Mmmmm. ("Saving Silverman").|
|Why are there so many lasers and people at the Puppy Bowl!?||Dumb People Like Me Confuse Them With?||Neil Young.|
|Yes, especially when Prince is involved. (But don’t tell anyone I told you.)||Secretly Enjoyable?||Pfft. Not that I’m willing to admit.|
The winner is
More Tales of the tape
NCAA Championship Game: #1 Louisville Vs. #4 Michigan
Rick Pitino has been here before, after making his 7th Final Four appearance, he’s now in his third go-round in the title game. He’s got plenty of experience on the big stage and he has the Cardinals playing high level basketball at the right time.
Harbaughs Vs. Baldwins: Which Pair Of Siblings Stand Out?
Harbaughs vs. Baldwins? Wow. What a battle! Let’s dig deep to see which pair of brothers has the upper hand.
- Chelsea vs Manchester City Soccer Match Pep Rally at... Chelsea vs Manchester City... Busch Stadium Transforming...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 2013 Tour de Grove Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch
- Shelby's Big Night Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Pittsburgh vs. St. Louis
- Chicago vs. St. Louis Baseball Shots Of The Week –... NBA Cheerleaders – April 19,... NBA Team Recap – April 15,...
St. Louis Stadium Guides
- Busch Stadium The stadium has a seating capacity for more than 46,000 fans per game and features an open-air design.
- Edward Jones Dome The Edward Jones Dome hosts NFL games, auto shows, racing events, conventions, exhibitions and touring acts.
- Scottrade Center The Scottrade Center houses the St. Louis Blues, as well as traveling ice shows, concerts and sporting events.