ST. LOUIS (AP) – A 64-year-old St. Louis dance instructor faces up to 20 years in prison after his conviction for statutory rape of a 15-year-old girl.
KMOV-TV reports that a St. Louis jury found Torris Caston guilty on Thursday after a four-day trial. The teen was a ballet student at Caston’s Webster Groves dance studio. Police say the crime happened between 2004 and 2005.
Caston also has separate charges pending against him for allegedly physically assaulting a woman at a chapel on the Saint Louis University campus.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- SIUE Soccer Player Suspended over Fake IDs
- Court to hear LGBT woman’s claim of harassment at senior living facility
- Open Wounds – The Impact of Gun Violence in St. Louis
- Trooper Injured When Car Hit By Alleged Drunk Driver
- Injured Pontoon Beach Police Officer Comes Home
- Mother’s Boyfriend Charged in Two-Year-Old’s Death